Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year.

It's New Year's Eve today and I am feeling quite good. I found a Sitar for only $150 but I think I can talk the guy down, so I have been debating on whether I should get it. It's a fairly difficult instrument, but it seems it would be a lot of fun, plus it won't be cheaper anywhere else. Another reason I feel good is because today I received some very pleasing information. Last week a street friend of mine left her home to sleep near the public toilets because she was being beaten by her husband. When she left, he sold all of her things and so now she has nothing and no one will give her a job because she has no home now and is thus assumed to be a thief by many employers, but she can't afford a home without a job; quite the catch 22. But today a friend who I contacted about the situation told me that a new program is starting in Feb. and as long as she is clean and doesn't have HIV I can get her on the list. I just hope that my friend has the commitment to stick with the six month program. Christmas was great. Interns from all over the world and Nepali all coming together. My friend got me a righteous Iron Maiden T-shirt, I wore it for 4 days straight. I saw my first Baliwood film yesterday, "Ghaji". It was the movie "Memento" on every drug imaginable, only one word could describe the film, supercrazyoffthehookmaddinsane. All this and the fact that it is almost a new year is reason for my excitement. Work has slowed to almost a stop as far as photos are concerned. New shots are harder to find, but I still try every day, some days with more enthusiasm than others. The exhibition is Jan 22, 2009, so we have also been working to get that set up. I only have a little over a month left in Nepal and I have started writing all of the little details down so that I won't forget them, the list grows and grows every day. Any way, I love you all and hope you have a great New Year's Eve and an even better new year. Seth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Seth!
Thinking of you and praying 2009 will be full of contentment for you in your next adventure(s) apre Kathmandu. We have thoroughly enjoyed all of your blog spots and want to hear MORE when we see you in AK next month...and see more through your photos. Glad you are keeping a journal so you can recall these days months from now.
Will be praying for your last weeks to not be too bittersweet and for safety and good connections home.

Love, Nancy and Joel

Unknown said...

Hey Seth,

I have been following your blog and looking at your pictures. You make nice photos! Keep up the good work and look at everything real closely before it changes forever.

Peace and Grins!

Jeff Parsons