Sunday, October 12, 2008

Keep an eye on Canada.

It's been a while I know, but I have been pretty busy. First, thanks, to all of you and your responses. It was your support and care for me that gave me the confidence I needed to make my decision of sticking with the street children. Even though some views supported the non-street children route, those perspectives still showed a concern that gave me this secure feeling that no matter what I do, you'll be there, and that is what I needed the most. Knowing that through all my mistakes and flaws, I have you. But onwards with the blog; I have been very busy because every day, I have been walking through Kathmandu, meeting the street children and trying to talk with them. And even though their English is as good as my Nepali we still somehow make it work. I think things are coming along alright, they invited me to fly kites with them today, (The kids here have such simple pleasures like flying kites, playing marbles, and watching traffic) however they are still either sending me away or walking to a remote location to huff, so there is still much more trust to be earned. I probably won't even reach the point of carrying my camera around them for another two weeks, which is killing me because there is much I would like to photograph that doesn't involve the street kids but since I spend my days with them, there isn't much time for leisure photography; not yet anyway. On a separate note, I finally got sick. As I type this blog I am aching, tiered, sweaty, cold and dizzy. But it's funny because of all the things that could have made me sick: the food, the water, shaking hands, the pollution; it ended up being a a fellow intern from French Canada. Isn't that just like them; while you are worried about everything else that can get you, they sneak up from behind and boom... fever. So be careful America, don't be fooled by the whole "I'm OK, your OK, we're all OK" facade that Canada tries to pull off, because the second your not looking, they are going to swoop in and put gravy all over your fries. I'll get some photos up soon, sorry. I love you, Seth. Oh, and I think I mentioned how I'm not feeling well so please forgive me if this doesn't flow as well as the others, or if something isn't clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth, Hi, I'm glad to hear you made your decision. I think it was a good choice. You have plenty of time to build your resume, but who knows what time those street children have.
Hope you feel better! Do you have a place to get or make chicken soup? That seems to cure just about everything.
Love reading your blogs and we are looking forward to see some pictures.
Love ya,
Mike and Roxanne

Sally said...

Seth>> I love that a foreigner got you sick. HA! I'm lucky I haven't gotten sick yet (knock on wood) with all of these kids running around at school. I'm one of the few teachers who hasn't gotten sick. I'm glad you decided to stick with your heart...I was going to tell you that even if you don't "finish" a job, it is still experience and you can still put it on your resume. Sometimes "failed" experiences are more valuable to employers anyway. Hope you are still having fun. We miss you.